art4teens is a program in which teen participants engaged in hands-on ceramic arts experiences with local artist/mentors and Gallery arts educators. This was a special opportunity for a group of teens who might not normally have access to such an in-depth creative arts program. The experience allowed for free expression of ideas through art, working with fellow participants and ultimately reaching the broader community. Thanks to generous sponsors, this program was free for all participants.
art4teens will be celebrated with a public exhibition at the Gallery that invites the community to meet the artists and see their creative expressions. We can all learn from the teen artists and conversations about their ideas and their art will stimulate and inspire attendees and participants alike.
We want art4teens participants to:
- Build confidence through engaging in activities where they can express their identity.
- Develop communication skills by sharing ideas with others
- Grow skills and team work by working with others and by participating in arts activities that require cooperation, collaboration and team work
- Develop an understanding of new ceramic processes by working long term with local professional artists
- Develop pride within themselves and within their communities through public display of their work.
The art4teens program was made possible by generous contributions from:
- The Peter Cundill Foundation
- The Rotary Club of Kitchener Grand River
- Cliffsson Management Inc.
- Many individual donors: Marina Barnstijn, Lauren Bialas, Albert Brule, Jennifer Collins, Lisette Compton, Shelley Crawford, Caitlin Cuthbert, Christina Dixon, Ron & Judy Donaldson, Ron Duguid, Armin Froelich, John Hobday, Linda Kieswetter, Anne Long, Sheila McMath, Katelen McMullen, Tom Mennill, Bill Poole, Katherine Ronzio, Lois Sander, Laurie Spieker, Meghan Whitfield and Barbara Yeaman