The Gallery will be Reopening on July 17!
July 13, 2021
The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery is excited to welcome our visitors back into the galleries starting Saturday, July 17, 2021! Regular hours will resume and COVID-19 protocols remain in effect:
- staff and visitors must self-screen prior to entry
- a mask or face shield must be worn at all times
- staff and visitors must maintain physical distancing and adhere to capacity limits
- visitors will be asked to provide a phone number for contact tracing
- hand sanitizer will be available in multiple locations
We can’t wait to see you again!
The Gallery Shop has Reopened!
June 15, 2021
We are excited to safely welcome you back into the Gallery Shop! The Shop is now open our regular hours with COVID-19 protocols including reduced capacity, masks, and distancing.
Our Exhibition Galleries remain temporarily closed due to COVID-19. Stay tuned for updates on our reopening and our new summer exhibitions!
Gallery Temporarily Closed as of April 8, 2021
April 7, 2021
Due to the Provincial Government’s Emergency Stay at Home order to stop the spread of COVID-19, the Gallery will be temporarily closed until further notice as of April 8, 2021. Our Online Shop will remain open with curbside pickup and shipping available. Curbside pickup is available Tuesday-Sunday from 11am-5pm. Your purchases directly support the Gallery and artists working across Canada.
Our digital programming will continue as planned including Online April Break Camp and online classes. To see our full range of at home programs including artist talks, colouring pages, clay recipes, and digital exhibitions, click here.
Exhibition Galleries Temporarily Closed, Gallery Shop Remains Open
April 1, 2021
Our Exhibition Galleries will be temporarily closing until further notice due to the provincial shutdown. Our retail Gallery Shop remains open for shopping in-store and online. The Gallery Shop will be limited to 20% capacity, or five visitors. We ask that all visitors please respect this limit and always wear a mask and/or face shield and maintain physical distance. For more information about our COVID-19 procedures to ensure a safe experience for our visitors and staff, please visit our website.
All in-studio programming will be cancelled during the shutdown, however online programming will continue as planned, including our Online April Break Camp.
During this shutdown, you can continue to visit our website to experience our online programs including digital exhibitions, artist talks, colouring pages, clay recipes, and at home clay kits! Click the link here for more information.
We look forward to welcoming you back into our Galleries and our Studio when it is safe to do so.
Gallery Reopening February 23, 2021
February 16, 2021
The Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery will be reopening on Tuesday, February 21, 2021! Our Gallery Shop and a new slate of exhibitions will open as we continue to follow public health recommendations.
All Gallery visitors, staff, and volunteers must:
- Wear a mask at all times when in the Gallery building. If a mask cannot be worn, a face shield must be worn.
- Sign-in upon arrival, providing details for contact tracing
- Complete the Ontario COVID Self-Screening prior to entering the building (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/customer/)
- Make use of the hand sanitizer available throughout the Gallery
- Maintain physical distancing and adhere to strict capacity limits within each space
- Pay for shop purchases with debit or credit if possible, contactless payment preferred
We look forward to welcoming you back into the Gallery to continue learning, sharing, and experiencing art with us!
Gallery Shop Open for Pickup and Shipping
December 26, 2020
The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. The Gallery Shop remains open for curbside pickup and shipping. Visit the Gallery Shop website by clicking here.
We continue to offer at-home programs as well as digital exhibitions to support your creativity through these difficult times. Click here for more information.
We look forward to welcoming you back into the Gallery when it is safe to do so.
November 23, 2020
As Waterloo Region moves to the Red Zone, the Gallery reminds visitors that:
- A mask or face shield must be worn at all times
- Visitors must provide their contact information upon entry (for contact-tracing purposes only)
- Use hand sanitizer
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from staff and other visitors
As of today, we will be closing interactive elements of our exhibitions, including the Family Centre. Free take-home colouring kits are available at the reception desk.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep us all safe! We are glad to be able to remain open and provide everyone with a safe place to experience art and shop for loved ones during these difficult times.
June 27, 2020
The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery is excited to reopen to the public on July 2, 2020! Visitors will be able to once again explore our galleries as well as our Gallery Shop. Moving forward we will continue to make our programming available online through our website (click here) and we will offer shipping and curbside pickup for items purchased from our shop online (click here).
The Gallery is introducing the following procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors:
- All staff and visitors must self-screen before visiting the gallery (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/).
- Visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering while visiting the gallery. Visitors must bring their own masks.
- Entry will not be timed; however staff will ensure that galleries, the lobby, and the gift shop are within acceptable capacity to enable physical distancing between staff and visitors.
- The first hour of opening each day (11am-12pm Tuesday-Friday, 10-11am Saturday, and 1pm-2pm Sunday) will be designated for visitors and shoppers who are over the age of 55 or who have special needs.
- Floor markings will be used to identify where visitors and shoppers should stand to provide space between themselves and relevant staff members. Floor markings will separate entry and exit sides of the main doors to enter the gallery space.
- The front doors of the building will be designated for Entrance or Exit, assisting with physical distance as visitors enter and exit the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the main entrance for visitor use upon entry and exit as well as at high-touch areas.
- Group tours (10+ people) will not be allowed until further notice.
- The water fountain will be temporarily closed.
- High touch surfaces and washrooms will be cleaned regularly.
A full list of our updated procedures for reopening are available here.
Hand sanitizer has been generously provided by Hilwood Sanitizer.
March 15, 2020
On the advice of the City of Waterloo and Region of Waterloo Public Health, the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery will be closing and cancelling all programming as of 5pm, Sunday March 15 until further notice. This includes all March break programs.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. We had hoped to stay open and provide programming but the safety of our community must be our top priority right now and so we had to make this difficult decision.
Stay safe and healthy and we hope to see you again soon.
Denis Longchamps, PhD
Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery