Gallery Shop Open for Pickup and Shipping
December 26, 2020
The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. The Gallery Shop remains open for curbside pickup and shipping. Visit the Gallery Shop website by clicking here.
We continue to offer at-home programs as well as digital exhibitions to support your creativity through these difficult times. Click here for more information.
We look forward to welcoming you back into the Gallery when it is safe to do so.
November 23, 2020
As Waterloo Region moves to the Red Zone, the Gallery reminds visitors that:
- A mask or face shield must be worn at all times
- Visitors must provide their contact information upon entry (for contact-tracing purposes only)
- Use hand sanitizer
- Maintain a 2 metre distance from staff and other visitors
As of today, we will be closing interactive elements of our exhibitions, including the Family Centre. Free take-home colouring kits are available at the reception desk.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep us all safe! We are glad to be able to remain open and provide everyone with a safe place to experience art and shop for loved ones during these difficult times.
June 27, 2020
The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery is excited to reopen to the public on July 2, 2020! Visitors will be able to once again explore our galleries as well as our Gallery Shop. Moving forward we will continue to make our programming available online through our website (click here) and we will offer shipping and curbside pickup for items purchased from our shop online (click here).
The Gallery is introducing the following procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors:
- All staff and visitors must self-screen before visiting the gallery (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/).
- Visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering while visiting the gallery. Visitors must bring their own masks.
- Entry will not be timed; however staff will ensure that galleries, the lobby, and the gift shop are within acceptable capacity to enable physical distancing between staff and visitors.
- The first hour of opening each day (11am-12pm Tuesday-Friday, 10-11am Saturday, and 1pm-2pm Sunday) will be designated for visitors and shoppers who are over the age of 55 or who have special needs.
- Floor markings will be used to identify where visitors and shoppers should stand to provide space between themselves and relevant staff members. Floor markings will separate entry and exit sides of the main doors to enter the gallery space.
- The front doors of the building will be designated for Entrance or Exit, assisting with physical distance as visitors enter and exit the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the main entrance for visitor use upon entry and exit as well as at high-touch areas.
- Group tours (10+ people) will not be allowed until further notice.
- The water fountain will be temporarily closed.
- High touch surfaces and washrooms will be cleaned regularly.
A full list of our updated procedures for reopening are available here.
Hand sanitizer has been generously provided by Hilwood Sanitizer.
March 15, 2020
On the advice of the City of Waterloo and Region of Waterloo Public Health, the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery will be closing and cancelling all programming as of 5pm, Sunday March 15 until further notice. This includes all March break programs.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. We had hoped to stay open and provide programming but the safety of our community must be our top priority right now and so we had to make this difficult decision.
Stay safe and healthy and we hope to see you again soon.
Denis Longchamps, PhD
Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery