Book a private workshop or team building event at the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery!
Please contact Shannon at Shannon@theclayandglass.ca or phone (519) 746-1882 x 233 to book a group workshop or find out more about group programs.
We offer both in person and virtual group workshops.
In person workshops
The Clay & Glass offers a hands-on experience tailored for your group. Join us for a clay studio experience to create and decorate a mug or another clay object from scratch! Workshops can include a tour of the gallery to get inspired by artworks on display.
$400 +hst for maximum 10 people, $30 +hst for each additional person, up to maximum 15 participants. $50 +hst if the workshops takes place after 6pm.
- 3 hour workshop with an instructor.
- Clay and access to clay tools.
- Underglaze ceramic paints for unfired clay.
- Firing in a kiln. Each piece is bisque fired and then glaze fired.
- Food safe finish. Our studio team dips pieces in a clear glaze before the second kiln firing. This creates a dishwasher and microwave safe finish.
- Packing and labeling for pick up. It generally takes 2-3 weeks for pieces to be air dried, bisque fired, dipped in a clear glaze, and glaze fired. You will receive an email when artwork is ready to be picked up. One organizer can pick up all the artwork, or you can choose to let participants pick up their own pieces at the gallery. All pieces must be picked up within 30 days.
Virtual group workshops
Purchase kits to create clay artwork at home! Follow along with Youtube tutorials, or if you purchase multiple kits you are eligible to receive a free zoom tutorial.
Workshops can be adapted to suit the needs and availability of your group.
- Order 10+ kits, receive a free 30 minute live zoom introduction
An instructor will talk you through the tools in your kit, go over tips for success when working with clay, and point you to online resources.
- Order 20+ kits, receive a free 1.5 hour live zoom demonstration
- Intro to clay: Learn basic building techniques and see examples of how they can be used to make different projects. The instructor will demonstrate slab building, pinch pot building, and how to decorate clay with underglaze to achieve best results.
- Make a mug: An instructor will guide you through the steps of making your own mug. You will need a rolling pin to complete this project. Rolling pins are not included.
- Order 30+ kits, receive multiple or custom free zoom workshops
We will work with you to build an experience for your team!
Please contact Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing bulk orders to ensure staff availability for workshops. We require 2 weeks notice for bulk orders.
Virtual workshops are designed to support people in starting projects that can take longer to complete than the duration of the workshop. The beauty of having an at-home kit is that you can leave the clay to harden, which makes structural work easier, and you can leave pieces to dry overnight, which makes painting easier.
$34 per person with clay, underglaze, firing service, and tools . More details about Clay kits here.
How it works:
- Book with Shannon at email@example.com
- Pick up kits at the gallery and distribute to participants
- Create clay artworks at home
- Return pieces to the gallery to be fired
- Pick up finished pieces. Please allow 2-3 weeks for pieces to be air dried, bisque fired, dipped in a clear glaze, and glaze fired. You will receive an email when artwork is ready to be picked up. One organizer can pick up all the artwork, or you can choose to let participants pick up their own pieces at the gallery. All pieces must be picked up within 30 days. Enjoy your artwork!