The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery is pleased to announce our first Ceramic Arts Residency program! We are now seeking applications from qualified emerging ceramic artists who are from or are currently based in Waterloo Region for this exciting 8-week, full-time residency based at the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery in Waterloo, Ontario.
This program will offer an emerging ceramic artist the opportunity to work in the studio at the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery 35 hours per week for a period of 8 weeks, gaining critical experience, mentorship, and opportunities as they begin their career. Working in the studio from October to December 2021 (dates are flexible), the resident will:
- have access to our fully equipped ceramic studio
- participate in mentorship opportunities with the Gallery Executive Director and Chief Curator, Curator, and Public Programs Manager
- receive mentorship from up to two artists or arts administrators in the Region
- present artist talks, demonstrations, and/or workshops to the public
- have the opportunity to sell work in the Gallery Shop (standard consignment agreement applies, contact Denis Longchamps for more information)
Following completion of the Residency, a selection of the resident’s work will be presented in an exhibition at the Gallery (dates TBD).
The selected artist will receive an honorarium of $500 per week and will have access to a budget of $500 for materials and specialized tools. The Gallery Studio includes access to 2 electric kilns, a pug mill, slab roller, pottery wheels, and basic tools, as well as support from the Studio Technician and other Gallery staff.