Image Credit: Caleb Williams
A Five dollars annual membership program for ages 14 to 18 for people with a passion for arts.
No previous experience needed.
- To take part in workshops and have your work exhibited at the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery
- To compete in the Juried Show and win prizes
- To meet new people and have fun
Registration Fees: $10 each workshop
- Decorate a Bisquewear Plate: Saturday May 27th, 2 pm to 4:30 pm
- Open Studio; Creating in Conversation with Current Exhibitions: Friday June 23rd, 5 pm to 7:30 pm
Juried Show Boot Camp
Free to attend drop-in sessions preparing for the Juried Exhibit on July 29th, 2023
Saturday July 8th & Sunday July 9th: 1:30 to 4:30 pm
Make a piece and submit it for the Juried Show!
Young artists will be given 1.5 pounds of clay to create an original artwork to submit for the Juried Show. Start your piece on Saturday and finish it on Sunday. Throughout this boot camp weekend artists will be given mini lessons on writing an artist statement, and the fundamentals of curating a show. Young artists will have the opportunity to create social media posts, exhibition catalogues, and plan the installation of the works.
The Juried Show (Exclusive for Members)
Youth Guild Members can choose to participate in any and all aspects of putting on an exhibit. This includes:
- Having your work displayed at the gallery
- Curating Submissions
- Installing Works
- Writing Artist Statements
- Running the Opening Reception
The submissions will be judged by a panel and prizes will be awarded during the opening reception.
The two categories of submissions for the Youth Guild Juried Show are:
- Clay and Glass Open Category: Anything you have made using clay or glass. Includes projects you made at school, at home, or at the gallery.
The Opening Reception and the Award Ceremony: July 29th, 2023
- 1st Prize wins a clay kit complete with tools + 5lbs of clay, as well as two tickets to Claytime ($150 approx. value)
- 2nd Prize wins 2 tickets to Claytime ($75 approx. value)
- 3rd Prize wins a 1.5lb clay kit with tools ($35 approx. value)
Artworks will be on view from July 29th – August 5th 2023.
Submit your work to the Juried Show here.
The benefits of Youth Guild membership:
- Membership priced at just five dollars annually
- Exclusive access to youth guild programs and events
- 10 % discount on Studio programs (This does not include Claytime)
- Reciprocal entrance and discount privileges in around 100 galleries. (Ontario Association of Art Galleries)
- Priority notice of exhibition openings & events
- Listing in the Annual Report
Things you can make during Youth Guild workshops:
Top right image by Aida Onay. Other images from community garden workshops, claytime workshops, and Teen Halloween workshops.
The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery Youth Guild is generously supported by the Youth in Recreation Fund – Ontario Endowment for Children in Youth in Recreation Fund held at Waterloo Region Community Foundation.