Board of Directors
The Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery is governed by a Board of Directors of 12-14 members of the community. Directors are elected for three-year terms and confirmed at the Annual General Meeting. Board members may serve up to two consecutive terms. Board members have the overall responsibility for the organization. They provide fiduciary and governance oversight, determine and direct strategic initiatives, select and evaluate the performance of the Executive Director, increase fundraising capacity, and provide linkages to targeted constituencies, based on community contacts and position.
For a complete description of the volunteer role or to see the current Board of Directors, follow the links below.
To apply, fill in and send the Application Form found below to Denis Longchamps, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are a valuable resource, contributing unique talents, skills and knowledge to the many facets of the operations at the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery. Volunteers help out with almost every aspect of the Gallery, playing an integral role in our operations.
We have a variety of volunteer roles available, including flexible opportunities for those with busier schedules, and weekly opportunities for those looking for a consistent volunteering role.
Education & Programming
- help with set-up and clean-up for programs
- assist participants with projects and tours
- work with people of all ages: school groups, youth groups & adult classes
- help organize, promote, photograph
- set-up and take-down for openings, donor events
- help with fundraising events
- distribution of posters, flyers & brochures for upcoming exhibitions, programs, and events
- maintaining community garden
Gallery Shop & Reception
- provide retail assistance
- greet and orient gallery visitors
- help with inventorying & processing of archives and library
- provide gallery tours for visitors
- assist with school tours
- will receive training on how to give engaging tours, and information about featured exhibitions
High School Volunteer Hours
Join our Youth Volunteer Committee!
We’re looking to gather a committee of interested folks who would like to help us brainstorm, run and develop new and existing programs as part of our Youth Guild! The ideal volunteer would be someone interested in art, education, and working with others. Volunteers would help out at Youth Guild workshops with set up, take down, and would have the chance for hands-on experience with learning and teaching about art. The committee will also meet once every three months to help brainstorm new ideas for workshops.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please fill out the form below and send it to Cheyenne at Cheyenne@theclayandglass.ca
Each summer, we host summer camp programming for children of all ages, and each year we welcome high school students to come and volunteer with us to achieve their hours necessary for graduation. To learn more about our summer camp programs and how to get involved as a volunteer councilor, click here.
Benefits of Volunteering at the CCGG:
- A pleasant and enriching volunteer environment
- Sharing, learning, and contributing to our community
- Develop new skills
- Flexible hours covering weekday and weekend timeslots
- A discount on purchases in the Gallery Shop
“I am very proud to be a front desk greeter at The Clay & Glass for the past 17 years. The quality of artwork has always been spectacular and I am proud to see it comes from artists across Canada.”Freda Millar
To apply for a volunteer position, click the link below to download the application form and submit it to Cheyenne Mapplebeck, Gallery Coordinator, at Cheyenne@theclayandglass.ca. Or, mail it to:
The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery
25 Caroline Street North