Board of Directors
The Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery is governed by a Board of Directors of 12-14 members of the community.
Directors are elected for three-year terms and confirmed at the Annual General Meeting.
Board members may serve up to two consecutive terms.
Board members have the overall responsibility for the organization. They provide fiduciary and governance oversight, determine and direct strategic initiatives, select and evaluate the performance of the Executive Director, increase fundraising capacity, and provide linkages to targeted constituencies, based on community contacts and position.
For a complete description of the volunteer role on the Board: click here.
Volunteers are a valuable resource, contributing unique talents, skills and knowledge to the many facets of the operations at the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery. Volunteers help out with almost every aspect of the Gallery, playing an integral role in our operations.
Benefits of Volunteering at the CCGG:
- A pleasant and enriching volunteer environment
- Sharing, learning and contributing to our community
- Develop new skills
- Flexible hours covering weekday and weekend timeslots
- A discount on purchases in the Gallery Shop
“I am very proud to be a front desk greeter at The Clay & Glass for the past 17 years. The quality of artwork has always been spectacular and I am proud to see it comes from artists across Canada.”
To apply for a volunteer position, please fill out one of the forms below:
Please print and fill out the above form, address to Executive Director Denis Longchamps, and submit to the Gallery via drop-off at reception desk, fax to 519-746-6396, by direct e-mail or mail to the Gallery’s address:
Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery
25 Caroline Street North
Waterloo, ON N2L 2Y5
- help with set-up and clean-up for programs
- assist participants with projects and tours
- work with people of all ages: school groups, youth groups & adult classes
- docents to provide gallery tours to the public
- help with inventorying & processing of archives and library
- assist with installation and take-down of exhibitions
- will receive training in handling art
- help organize, promote, photograph
- set-up and take-down for openings, donor events
- help with annual fundraising Gala
Administration & IT
- IT help with our online systems (Shopify, eTapestry database)
- distribution of posters, flyers & brochures for upcoming exhibitions, programs, event
- retail assistance
“I enjoy my weekly volunteer duties as a Greeter at the Clay & Glass for many reasons. It’s a pleasure to be in the beautiful Gallery spaces. It’s always interesting and inspiring to view the dynamic, ever-changing art exhibitions. It’s fun to chat with the range of visitors and an honour to represent the Gallery in a small way. It’s wonderful to browse and shop in the Gallery Shop as it’s filled with gorgeous handmade work by creative and talented artists“
Co-Op Student Placements
Co-op placements (High school only) are available. Academic coordinators please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact:
519-746-1882 ext. 231